Sunday, January 1, 2017

About Me



Welcome to my art blog. My name is Valerie Tapia and I’m from San Antonio, TX. This blog explores all forms of art such as music, performing, and visual. This exploration digs even further into various topics from reviews of art shows and performances to interviews with artists to information on art and topics. The exploration is endless!

My background in the art world extends from visual and performing arts to everything else in between. My love of art has continued from childhood up into my adult years:

·      In 2000, I was chosen to participate and study in Say Sí Media Arts program. Thereafter, I was chosen to participate in various San Antonio performance art pieces and art shows.
·      In 2004, I began performing on keyboards and vocals with my now defunct band, Bizarre Musik Machine.
·      In 2006, I began working as a graphic designer in various San Antonio places of business, which began my digital art portfolio, Val Media Arts.
·      In 2008, I began performing with my band Bleep Attack! We most recently played at local San Antonio art festival, Luminaria, in 2013.
·      In 2014, I had the privilege of contributing to KABB and News4SanAntonio’s South By Southwest blog by interviewing musicians and reviewing shows.

Whether you are a lover of various forms of art or an artist yourself, my blog will help you explore the various mediums of art as well as the places to be and see in the art world.

If you have any suggestions for my next art blog, please contact me at typetoval@gmail.com or vtapia1@student.alamo.edu.

For more information on my band, Bleep Attack!, please visit: http://www.facebook.com/bleepattackfanpage

For more information on my digital art portfolio, Val Media Arts, please visit: http://www.valmediaarts.com


No comments:

Post a Comment